The Buyer - Civil Construction will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, secure favorable pricing, optimal terms and manage projects in a professional environment.
Ideal candidate will have a Civil, Structural, or Industrial construction background.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with Bonus Structure
- Comprehensive Benefits, Medical/Dental and Retirement package
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Collaborative Company Culture with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Develop and execute purchasing strategies.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Negotiate and close deals with optimal terms.
- Analyze product specifications and inventory needs to develop supply strategies for materials and achieve optimal costs and quality standards.
- Ensure timely delivery and completion of requisitioned goods and services.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Evaluate vendor performance to include delivery, quality and price commitments.
- Regularly and proactively communicate job status, changes, issues impacting delivery, escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Provide first-rate customer service to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a detailed inventory system to track usage and average cost.
- Assist with periodic and year-end physical inventory counts.
- Make recommendations to increase operational efficiency and accuracy.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing highest standards of business conduct, exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
What we're looking for…
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience within Civil, Structural, or Industrial construction sectors highly preferred.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints is a plus.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Solid judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
#buyer #purchasing #procurement #purchasor #purchasingcoordinator #construction #constructionmanagement #civil #commercial #industrial #structural #negotiations #v