The Survey Manager - Heavy Civil performs technical and supervisory land surveying work including, determination of boundaries, construction site layouts and development of drawings in support of the field construction or bids. Manage survey crews, ensure work orders are completed on a timely basis, data processing.
If offered this position, amazing benefits would include but not limited to competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, coupled with a thriving company culture with a long-standing international presence.
What you’ll do…
- Provides work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurements and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e. forms for concrete pours, anchors, bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Survey the existing conditions of the future work site to prevent conflicts with utility lines such as drainages pipes, electrical ducts, etc.
- Provides layout with control lines and elevations that are required for construction by staking points and lines locations, off sets and reference points.
- Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities. Provides quantity calculations as required.
- Verifies location of structures during construction.
- Provides As-Built surveying and verifies that work was completed in accordance to the specifications set plans.
- Keeps enough control points and Bench Mark (BM) in project area.
- Ensures proper survey methods are used by all crew members.
- Reviews all crew generated data to ensure accuracy.
- Investigates and provides solutions to field survey problems.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, leads, motivates and evaluates the work of others.
- Supervises surveying technician and surveying trainee personnel.
- Coordinates surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet construction requirements.
- Prepares documentation of survey activities, reads and checks construction set plans and reports any mistake or problem found in them.
- Prepares clear, concise and complete reports.
- Maintains good condition and adjustment of survey equipment.
- Saves and keeps record of files and field books.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisors’ direction.
- Operates or coordinate special surveys (drones or laser scanners).
- Provides input and coordinates with TM and PCM with quantity progress reporting and Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Constantly review technology solutions and software in relation with survey.
What we're looking for…
- Bachelors or Associate’s degree in applicable field preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Heavy Civil DOT experience required
- Experience completing all technical aspects of a surveying task
- Survey Software: Trimble, Leica, etc.
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford