Solar Civil Superintendents plan, schedule, organize and direct the construction of Solar Projects; providing support to the Solar Division in the execution of large capital projects. (Utility Scale). They are responsible for all field execution of the project. Superintendents typically will have several Assistant Superintendents as direct reports. Superintendents are responsible for coordinating the timely and cost-effective placement of the contracted work. They assist the Project Manager and/or Project Executive on all project needs. They supervise directly or through subordinates all field construction work, by the company's own forces and by the Subcontractors. They have full responsibility for all pertinent Safety and Quality Control policies and procedures.
Important- Job locations will vary. Must be able to travel, and able to visit assigned job sites.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with a generous Bonus Structure
- Company Equity complimenting a comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible Work Schedules with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Participates in preconstruction by identifying project requirements and Owner Contract requirements. Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors
- Lead the team from construction start through project close
- Communicate and interpret project scope to the entire site management team
- Constructs schedule by maintaining a project production schedule, assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor
- Manages safety by establishing safety protocols to ensure job site consistently adheres to OSHA safety standards
- Communicate regularly with owners, and other construction management team members
- Manages job progress by participating in owner’s meetings, participates in “in-house” staff meetings, provides written documentation on job progress, performs daily Superintendent Reports, and updates Schedule.
- Determines a quality control plan
- Manages Self-Performed work
- Supervise assigned project personnel and maintain a positive work environment
- Manages project turnover/closeout process and assists in determining project turnover sequence
- Lead and coach new team members by providing feedback and performance evaluation and recognizing accomplishments.
- Participates in professional development activities including continuing education
What we're looking for…
- 8+ years’ experience as the primary superintendent
- Solar project experience highly preferred
- Experience with multiple direct reports and an exceptional ability to lead and manage project teams is a necessity
- Complies with regulatory and permit requirements
- Handles all field disciplines e.g., electrical, mechanical
- Computer proficiency
- Initiative and problem-solving skills are a necessity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford