The Solar Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to forepersons, contractors, and craft activities providing support to the Solar Division in the execution of large capital projects. (Utility Scale). Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing superior service.
Important- Job locations will vary. Must be able to travel, and able to visit assigned job sites.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with a generous Bonus Structure
- Company Equity complimenting a comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible Work Schedules with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Plan and supervise and/or craft activities - includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule, manpower estimates, labor budgets, and documenting actual hours worked
- Coordinate electrical work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors onsite
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.)
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc, support craft activities and project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion
What we're looking for…
- Must prioritize safety before all else and lead by example; must have a minimum of OSHA30.
- Electrical field installation experience within a solar plant or heavy industrial environment.
- Self-Perform Solar Construction Experience is highly preferred
- 3 years' supervisory experience in power plant or with heavy industrial construction.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise 50 or more employees
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, reading & interpreting and working to:
- Electrical design drawings (isometric and orthographic), design guides, specifications.
- Electrical Support Drawings and specifications.
- Contract documents and site coordination of subcontractors.
- 4 - 5 years previous experience as a General Foreman or 3 Years as a Superintendent in a single discipline on an industrial construction project. Previous background of man hour reports, job cost reports, and workforce planning is required.
- Must be willing to learn new techniques/skillset
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford