The Solar Electrical Estimating Engineer provides pre-construction and operations support to the Solar Division in the execution of large capital projects. (Utility Scale).
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with a generous Bonus Structure
- Company Equity complimenting a comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible Work Schedules with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Prepare various types of estimates for solar projects ranging from $10 million to $200 million in size from conception through the start of construction.
- Provide estimates for the design build, conceptual/schematic and various stages of progress construction drawings thru final contract pricing for the solar industry.
- Prepare and track estimates as the design drawings progress, including, value-engineering analysis.
- Assist design team and owners to make intelligent/informed decisions to keep the design program and project budget on track.
- Review final construction drawings and specifications to determine final scope of work and lead pre-bid/post bid trade contractor meetings.
- Coordinate the procurement of electrical material and equipment.
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with trade contractors and vendors to assure the support and interest on the construction of solar projects.
- Provide support to the pre-construction and operations team.
- Communicate and interact with the project owner, design consultants and Moss staff with the most professional demeanor.
- Other duties as required.
What we're looking for…
- 2 plus years’ experience working for an Electrical Contractor in an estimating capacity or working for a GC with primary electrical estimating responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in the solar industry is preferred but not required
- Experience in the electrical industry is required
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, such as MS Office / Excel / PowerPoint / Word, including familiarity with construction project management applications and estimating software.
- Experience in Accubid software preferred.
- Strong Estimating and Project Scheduling background
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with owners' representatives, the A/E team, building departments and other team members
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans proficiently is a requirement
- Ability to read specifications and understand the subject matter
- Ability to perform accurate quantity survey take-offs
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford