The Solar Equipment Coordinator will facilitate and track the process of deployment and demobilization of company owned equipment for all self-performing Utility Solar job sites. The ability to utilize reports to help in controlling fleet inventory utilization and using national accounts and best buys to control job site equipment is critical. This position is responsible for managing the process of equipment request from all Division Utility Solar projects. The person must have effective communication skills to assist the field with their equipment requirements. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with co-workers responsible for mechanical maintenance, service and scheduling for owned and rented equipment.
Important- Job locations will vary. Must be able to travel 50% or less.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with a generous Bonus Structure
- Company Equity complimenting a comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible Work Schedules with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Must be knowledgeable about equipment and accessories used at construction projects with emphasis on Utility Solar Projects.
- Acting as the website coordinator; maintain equipment asset details for telematic location and service tracking.
- Maintain Equipment assigned to the jobsites, idle on jobsites and transferred between jobsites, service centers or the yard and with correct Status Codes in CMIC.
- Critical responsibility to ensure that the equipment and delivery charges to jobsites are correct.
- Ensure that equipment requests from the field are handled in a proper and timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Service Manager for equipment that must be ready for deployment.
- Responsible for Dispatching equipment delivery and pick ups.
- Ensure that any required road permits are obtained and kept current.
- Assists in the process of obtaining and distributing license plates and tabs for fleet assets.
- Obtaining, Tracking and Reporting IFTA.
- Ensure that time sheets and work orders are accurate for charges to the yard and projects.
- Work with rental companies to ensure that national account programs and local sourcing are utilized and open rental item reports are provided to projects on a regular routine basis.
- Prepare reports to assist in monitoring and maintaining appropriate utilization.
- Responsible for equipment data entry, specifically that hours and mileage are updated in CMIC.
- Complete understanding of proper loading and unloading and tie down procedure of equipment.
- Familiar with Yard procedures including specific understanding of storage methods for equipment.
- Perform regular jobsite inspections to ensure the following:
- Equipment on-site is audited against fleet inventory reports.
- Operation manuals and daily inspection sheets are in the unit(s).
- Ensure the Annual Inspection decal is up to date with the inspection details on the equipment.
What we're looking for…
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in this role if high school degree/GED is highest level of educational achievement
Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Must be willing to travel to sites up to 40-50%.
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with multiple department team members
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford