The Project Engineer - Heavy Civil is responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines involved in the project. This person schedules, plans, forecasts, resources and manages all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
Must have TxDOT experience as well as Primavera P6 software experience.
If offered this position, amazing benefits would include but not limited to competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, coupled with a thriving company culture with a long-standing international presence.
What you’ll do…
- Participating in the elaboration of project planning, project schedule, 2 weeks’ advance schedule, project budget and their following revisions, as requested by the Project Manager;
- Assisting the PM in the project contractual administration and in the analysis and interpretation of contract documents;
- Supporting the PM in preparing and/or updating the Project Management Plans (PMP), the related annexes and the corresponding procedures;
- Supporting the PM in the preparation and implementation of the Health & Safety and Environment Program (HSE) in compliance with all applicable regulations (OSHA, etc.) as well as all other federal, state and local statutes, regulations, standards and in accordance with the requirements of the Main Contract;
- Enforcing the observance of the HSE rules at the Job Site;
- Assisting the PM in the preparation of contractual correspondence to Client and Client’s Representative (Engineer/CEI);
- Generating the supporting documentation for change orders, supplemental agreements, etc. and relevant cost breakdowns as necessary for their approval;
- Dealing with Client and Client’s Representatives on site in accordance with the entrusted power of attorney;
- Systematically reviewing the documentation regarding nonconformities, claims, and observations by the Client, in order to detect situations liable to compromise quality;
- Verifying the implementation of corrective actions as required;
- Collaborating with the PM to transfer the QA/QC requirements to the Suppliers/Subcontractors.
- Supervising and coordinating the Project QA/QC activities performed by ACC and/or those performed by Subcontractors:
- Identifying in a timely manner the over-runs/under-runs of pay items quantity;
- Based on the production data provided by General Superintendent, updating the baseline schedule and the internal schedule on a monthly base;
- Reviewing all invoices related to works, materials and services issued by vendors and suppliers and verifying their proper cost coding and phasing;
- Reviewing all labor time sheets. Verifying their proper cost coding and phasing;
- Participating to the site meetings with the Client and its Representatives;
- Coordinating and monitoring the preparation of as-built documents;
- Receiving, logging, checking, forwarding, filing and maintaining the as-built documents;
- Preparing close-out documents;
- Receiving, logging, checking, submitting and maintaining shop drawings;
- Organizing subcontractor/vendor coordination meetings;
- Evaluating the compliance of subcontractor/vendor progress with the project schedule;
- Notifying for changed site conditions, requesting change orders, notifying claim, requesting time extension requesting certificate of substantial completion, requesting final acceptance certificate, etc.;
- Calculating executed quantities and generating pay requisitions;
- Generating Subcontractor Payment Notices;
- Generating monthly project status reports
- Coordinating with Engineer, City Inspectors and other Authorities to obtain required work permits.
What we're looking for…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford