Our reputable client has an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Coordinator to join their team. This role is responsible for driving and coordinating the completion of all processes associated with estimating and bidding of projects to the point of project award and hand-off to project management.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Comprehensive Benefits, Medical/Dental and Retirement package
- Collaborative Company Culture with focus on Teamwork, and Work/Life Balance
What you’ll do…
- Reviewing and incorporating historical data from purchase orders, bid tabulations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports job costs system, etc. into unit cost, man-hour, and crew production figures
- Sourcing vendors and subcontractors for various projects, discussing and obtaining appropriate quotations in coordination with the purchasing department
- Reviewing contracts prior to bid to ensure that terms, conditions, exclusions, and qualifications are included in the owner's contract and in compliance with original corporate proposal
- Follow up on and drive the completion of open issues on assigned bids
- Ensuring all bid documents are completed and submitted timely as needed for any given project
- Act as the main point of contact for external clients for notification and coordination of all bid related items
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
What we're looking for…
- Construction industry experience required
- 2+ years of similar experience of progressive responsibility.
- Training and/or exposure to subcontractor contract management.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Engineering, Business, or comparable field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to estimating and bid functions in a construction industry involving self-performance of construction works.
- Competent academic knowledge of contract and subcontract development, review, and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Bluebeam skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking to solve problems.
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." - Henry Ford