Our client is the leading design-build contractor in the elevated water storage tank market with award-winning designs used throughout the industry. They are internationally recognized for a high level self-perform expertise in EPC and Design-Build Contracting, Contract Management, Engineering, Fabrication, Civil Construction, Coatings and Asset Management. Their focus is on complex technical design-build-maintain business opportunities that are challenging and highly valued which in turn provides the opportunity to differentiate as a specialist. Their goal is to be the preferred partner in the industries they serve.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic Senior Technical Sales Representative to help take our international client to the next level.
- Set strategic direction for company growth, profitability, and development of competencies
- Build customer relationships and guide internal relationships to improve our visibility, brand, and reputation
- Identify growth opportunities and potential strategic partnerships
- Develop and implement sales strategies for bid and negotiated work
- Compose detailed and compelling proposals
- Carry out upper level sales meetings, presentations, and speaking engagements
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in a technical sales role
- Minimum of 7 years of similar experience in specification sales
- Minimum of 7 years of engineering or construction experience
- Advanced capabilities: presentation, publishing, analytic, database and content management applications
- Experience in the water/wastewater, heavy steel construction, or industrial market segment
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers to achieve goals
- Adept at learning, understanding, applying, and communicating complex technical information
- Ability to create and manage strategic positioning to maintain leadership standing in the industry
- High level of analytical and reasoning skills
- Highly organized, and capable of managing detailed information over extended sales cycles
- Ability to be proactive, succeed independently, and handle a demanding environment