Award-winning Civil Construction firm seeks highly motivated, process-driven, detailed and organized individual to handle preconstruction and estimating services for the firm. Ideal candidate will have 10+ years' experience in Estimating, and 3+ years in Management, coupled with utilities, drainage, concrete, and/or steel estimating experience; highly preferred. This position has opportunity for future growth within the company.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with Bonus Structure
- Comprehensive Benefits, Medical/Dental and Retirement package
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Collaborative Company Culture with focus on Work/Life Balance
Key Result Areas:
- Oversee the Estimating Department of a self-perform general contractor specializing in the design and construction of elevated tanks.
- Ensure timely accurate cost estimates are produced.
- Implement best practice cost estimating tools, standards, and processes to meet production and project requirements.
- Utilize tools and appropriate analysis to maintain reliable and accurate cost data.
- Monitor and review data to detect and assess cost vs estimate problems.
- Solicit bids and evaluate proposals to ensure compliance with project specifications / budget.
- Manage, coach, and develop a cohesive, high performing cost estimating and administrative team that meets objectives, delivers best practice results, and continuously improves.
- Set department objectives / KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Develop / maintain relationships with internal stakeholders for optimal performance.
- Develop / maintain strong relationships with company vendors and contractors.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure purchasing strategies are maximized.
- BS Degree in engineering, construction management or related technical field.
- High degree of estimating knowledge and experience in the following areas: water utilities, drainage, foundations, concrete structures, plate steel structures, piping mechanical, fabrication, coatings, electrical, equipment.
- Advanced spreadsheet and estimating tool development capabilities.
- Highly skilled communicator with strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Highly developed technical and analytical skills.
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Project Management skills.