Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to oversee the construction of one of more projects with annual revenues between $15 million and $40 million.
This position is a senior operational manager with responsibilities for the management, operations and profitability of all construction projects assigned. This position ensures that risk is minimized and projects are delivered with successful execution.
Directs Reports: Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager
Indirect Reports: Assistant Superintendent
Our client offers an industry-leading benefits package, competitive wages, and the opportunity for training and career advancement.
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Programs
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Prescription Benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group Retirement 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
Project Management/Operations Excellence
What you'll be doing...
- Directs assigned construction projects to ensure all are executed
- Manages the project team(s) with respect to safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Tracks and analyzes customer satisfaction scores on project performance.
- Reports to Vice Presidents and Leadership on Project Success Scorecard each month.
- Schedules and leads 6 week (min.) and 1/3 point Project Reviews
Planning, Preconstruction & Cost Management
- Assists the VP in the preconstruction process from project inception through final GMP or bid day estimate.
- Drives project start up and buy out.
- Monitors financial health and past performance of Subcontractors prior to award.
- Coordinates, manages and maintains project budget approval process with corporate personnel and project stakeholders in accordance with master schedule.
- Manages and tracks budgeted vs. actual job costs; manages financial performance of project(s) to achieve cost savings.
- Completes subcontract negotiations.
- Maintains policy & procedure.
Staffing & Resource Management
- Analyzes workload and resource constraints to develop the optimal use of internal and external staffing (e.g. sub-contractors) to manage work.
- Utilizes the WHO Process for Hiring and Development.
- Recruits and mentors key positions in the organization.
- Trains and develops the needed skills of your project team(s).
Finding New Projects/Business Development
- Maintains relationships with existing and past customers and architects with an eye towards repeat business.
What we're looking for...
- A leadership style that is entrepreneurial and creative and a solution-focused approach when addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a highly matrixed, complex organization; strong ability to influence and persuade others required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and build coalitions with a wide range of individuals.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required.
- 7 to 15 years of experience, including 5 years in managerial roles.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in a relevant field preferred.
Whether this team is running half marathons, tracking steps, competing in obstacle courses or participating in a group yoga class, our client gives employees the tools to live the best life possible.
They are truly committed to helping employees and their families achieve their best self by education, training, coaching and ongoing support.