Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to join their collaborative team in New Orleans!
Our client offers an industry-leading benefits package, competitive wages, and the opportunity for training and career advancement.
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Programs
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Prescription Benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group Retirement 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
What you'll be doing...
- Creation of Bid List including Subcontractors and Suppliers. Must confirm bidding intentions, subcontractor's capabilities, and references.
- Work with team prior to and on Bid Day to confirm all bids are submitted and all scopes have been confirmed for accuracy and coverage.
- Work with project managers to set up final project budget to proceed with project set up and contract issuance
- Capable of providing conceptual estimates based on drawings, quantities and other preliminary data.
- Ensures proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Review bid requirements and general conditions thoroughly.
- Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned.
- Develops RFI's and clarifications.
- Conducts a risk evaluation after drawing document review to chief estimator.
- Contact, meet and follows up with prospective owners.
- Assist VP's of Operations in choosing the architect on design/build projects.
- Collaborate with architect and potential client to close the deal.
- Create the opinion of probable cost estimate based off of owner criteria.
Managing Preconstruction Budget
- Reviews drawings with Project Management team and identify areas of concern.
- Final estimate review and signoff with VP of preconstruction, VP of Operations, project manager, superintendent, chief estimator, and lead estimator.
- Build and develop Proposal Binder for owner. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the project.
- Cost code finalized budget for review and approval.
- Completes buyout on all subs while collaborating with the project manager for a seamless transition.
Managing Sub-Contractor Relationships
- Seeks and qualifies new subcontractors.
- Establishes ongoing subcontractor relationships.
- Provide sub-contractor contact information for bid management software system to the Estimating Admin Assistant.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the subcontractors' capacity.
- Seeks feedback from subs on the sub-contractor competitive market.
Preconstruction Team Management
- Manages internal preconstruction team; estimators and operations.
- Manages design team; architect and his/her engineers; meets with design team and owner frequently to ensure staying within scope of project.
- Manages owner's expectations around budget and timing.
- Coaches subordinates, provides constructive feedback, and motivates team to achieve objectives.
- Continues to expand professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, maintaining software and building systems skills, etc.
- Thorough communication and documentation between team members internally and externally to drive cohesive, well-integrated project and team.
What we're looking for...
- Engineering or construction related Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in construction estimating/project management experience.
- Be very knowledgeable in all areas of construction, including applicable local construction laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable to lead and conduct professional meetings with owners representing the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Timberline, and On Screen Takeoff.
- Must be self-motivated & punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Whether this team is running half marathons, tracking steps, competing in obstacle courses or participating in a group yoga class, our client gives employees the tools to live the best life possible.
We are truly committed to helping employees and their families achieve their best self by education, training, coaching and ongoing support.