We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our client’s collaborative team. Our client is an established leader in the infrastructure market with over 40 years of experience headquartered in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas, with national and international locations.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing the technical and support functions for design/build, self-perform, heavy civil construction projects to include estimating and scheduling.
If offered this position, you would receive amazing benefits to include...
- Competitive Base with Bonus Structure
- Comprehensive Benefits, Medical/Dental and Retirement package
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Collaborative Company Culture with focus on Work/Life Balance
What you’ll be doing…
- Assist the Project Manager in executing or follow-up of project action items
- Review and document contract obligations related to specifications & plans
- Manage Change Events and Change Orders
- Maintain as-built drawings
- Develop short to medium term schedules for Subcontractor scope of work.
- Monitor construction performance against schedule and assist PM with managing / mitigating any scheduling issues.
- Develop work scope, pricing, and terms for procurement of subcontracts, equipment, and materials
- Evaluate potential risks and technical issues and develop solutions
- Track project buyout from requisition/work order through delivery to site and installation
- Coordinate vendor payment with the procurement and accounting departments
- Work with engineering and other technical areas for support as needed
- Coordinate site meetings, walkthroughs, punch list items, etc.
- Compile and manage submittals, review comments and submittal status
- Establish, maintain, and develop prosperous relationships with Clients, Engineers, Subcontractors and Vendors
- Coordinate subcontractors, suppliers, self-perform crews
- Perform duties of onsite representative for Landmark as required
- Work directly with site crews to develop relationships and learn specific construction requirements
What we’re looking for…
- 4-year degree in engineering, construction science, construction management or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in construction management, estimating and scheduling.
- Experience in self-perform heavy civil construction
- Experience with Procore, Project Schedule, etc.
- Experience with subcontract scope development, review, and administration
- Experience with material procurement
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational capabilities
- Collaborative in approach to identifying issues and driving them to conclusion
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Assumes responsibility for project success
- Proficiency in technical concepts related to construction execution