We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to *work remotely* and join our client’s collaborative team based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area! In short, this position will perform the technical and administrative support functions for multi-million-dollar, design-build construction projects. Excellent benefits, various growth and educational opportunities, collaborative team culture, and competitive pay for the right fit!
What you’re looking for…
Are you engaged with and do your talents shine when other people, projects, and deadlines depend on you? Do you enjoy collaborating with different teams, identifying issues, and driving them to conclusion? Do you have a high degree of accuracy in your work, take pride in being able to juggle multiple responsibilities, managing your time with precision? Do you naturally assume responsibility for the overall success of the project at hand?
If you answered yes to all these questions, I want to speak with you!
What you’ll be doing…
- Assist the Project Manager and collaborate with Project Assistants as required
- Submittals / Deliverables:
- Review contract documents, addendum, specifications, and drawings in detail
- Create a submittal log for all deliverables, including Landmark Engineered Drawings
- Set up the required review time within Procore
- Manage RFI's and the responses
- Buyout / Procurement Tracking Log:
- Setup procurement to align with the deliverable dates in the schedule
- Develop work scope, pricing, and terms for procurement of subcontracts, equipment, and materials.
- Procure items in order of when it is required on site and account for long lead times
- Input and track all deliverables/materials on the procurement log
- Work with the PM to develop the project schedule in alignment with contract requirements
- Develop short to medium term schedules for Subcontractor scope of work. Monitor construction performance against schedule and assist PM with managing / mitigating any scheduling issues.
- Manage Drawings & Specifications:
- Manage the drawings received from engineering for submittal purposes
- Once approved distribute the drawings to the appropriate Group and Subcontractors
- Manage any changes to the drawings and distribute as required
- Manage Change Events and Change Orders with the PM
- Assist the PM with getting viable pricing for project material and subcontract services
- Evaluate potential risks and technical issues and develop solutions
- Coordinate site meetings, walkthroughs, punch list items, etc.
- Assist PM to coordinate subcontractors, suppliers, self-perform crews
- Establish, maintain, and develop prosperous relationships with Clients, Engineers, Subcontractors and Vendors
- Work directly with site crews to develop relationships and learn specific construction requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects as needed
What we’re looking for…
- 4-year degree in engineering, construction science, construction management or similar
- 3+ years' experience in construction management, estimating and scheduling
- Experience in self-perform heavy civil construction
- Experience with Procore, Project Schedule, etc.
- Experience with subcontract scope development, review, and administration
- Experience with material procurement
What we offer…
- Collaborative team culture, competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits, and retirement package.
...and many more perks to include company gatherings, educational opportunities, and creative ways to encourage team-mindedness, growth, and advancement within the workplace!
Our client is proud to be an EOE employer.