We have an immediate need for a Community Association Manager to join our client’s amazing Property Management team located in beautiful Key West, FL! Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and strategically located, our client employs over 1,200 trained and educated professionals providing a spectrum of services to over 250,000 residents in over 500 communities.
In short, this position will professionally provide management, direction, and leadership to ensure client properties are satisfactorily maintained and operated. Working closely with the association, Board of Directors and/or the developers to manage and operate the community, this is a highly collaborative role with advancement opportunities, for the right fit!
What we offer…
- Empowering team culture, competitive compensation, low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits, several insurance policies to include Life insurance, PTO plan with 2 additional floating holidays, and retirement package.
What you’ll be doing…
- Inspect community and make maintenance recommendations.
- Understand and carry out the terms and conditions of the Management Contract.
- Prepare for, attend, present Managers Reports and Financial Reports, and summarize in notes and minutes all Board d of Directors meetings.
- Attend seminars required by Florida Business and Regulations to ensure renewal of CAM license.
- Fully developing all potential revenue opportunities.
- Implement standard operating procedures that are consistent with the culture.
- Develop and submit complete and accurate annual budget(s), meeting all deadlines and demonstrating thorough analysis and consideration for the goals of the asset as well as market conditions to make qualified decisions.
- Develop and maintain an effective ongoing resident relation plan, implement initiatives, and maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of resident services.
- Coordinate activities with other support functions.
- Analyze advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions to problems and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Interface regularly with internal customers and external vendors and clients.
- Provide leadership and direction monthly financial statements and deficiencies to the Board Members.
What we’re looking for…
- 2+ years of similar experience.
- Interest in pursuing LCAM designation or hold an active CAM license.
Our client is proud to be an EOE employer.