We are actively seeking a Project Engineer to join our reputable client's corporate office located in Altamonte Springs, FL. Competitive compensation + comprehensive benefits package to include company profit sharing, family-friendly culture, and unique growth opportunities for the right fit!
What you'll be doing...
Designing solar electric (photovoltaic), solar thermal, battery storage systems and other various and ancillary systems. Preparing engineering drawings, calculations, and other various construction documents in accordance with various building codes and standards in Florida and throughout the US. Interface directly with the sales staff, customers, and building officials on residential, commercial, and industrial projects and visit local job sites from time to time. Strong computer skills and experience in AutoCAD, MS Office, and engineering tools are required.
What you'll have...
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil) from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ experience in the engineering field, preferably in the building or MEP environment.
- Registered EIT (Engineer-in-Training) preferred but not required
- Registered Florida P.E. (Professional Engineer) preferred but not required
- Experience with preparing drawing with AutoCAD and using engineering tools for calculations.
- Experience with RISA-3D is a plus.
- Experience with solar electric, solar thermal, or battery storage is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, customer-service oriented and a team player.
What we offer...
- Salary (exempt) commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- 3% Company Match to Simple IRA
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Reimbursement of continual education required and/or Accreditation Maintenance Fees for any new certifications attained. Reimbursement for any books and manuals associated with engineering services.