- Click to Apply
- Our client has been recognized nationally as one of the best places to work, a sustainability champion, and one of Americas healthiest employers. We are actively seeking on their behalf multiple experienced Superintendents for their Tampa and Orlando, FL locations.
What our client offers:
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Competitive salary to include a comprehensive benefits package
- 100% company-funded Basic Life insurance plans
and much more!
Why our client:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
What you'll be doing...
- Plan and supervise Assistant Superintendent (on larger projects) and/or craft activities includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary and applicable to the labor approach for the projects assigned.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule. Titles by discipline may include: Construction Superintendent (for civil work), Structural Superintendent, Mechanical Superintendent, Electrical Superintendent, and the like.
- May be responsible for managing all field aspects of a small project, with home office support.
What you'll have...
- High school diploma or equivalent. Professional industry training and experience.
- Minimum of eight years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and demonstrated ability to control and supervise large groups.
- Prior experience with Commercial and / or Industrial project scopes of $15M value or more.
- Project assignments that may require extended long term temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job sites.
Hurry! These positions won't be available for long!