Our nationwide and industry-leading client offers unparalleled commercial and residential solar products for hot water heaters, electric, and pool heating supplies. With three strategic locations and headquartered in sunny Florida, they are currently launching its newest program with one of the top pool companies in the US. For this reason, we are actively seeking a Commercial Solar - Business Development Manager to spearhead new growth and development in the Phoenix and surrounding areas.
This position boasts a competitive salary base of $60-80k DOE + uncapped commissions, a comprehensive benefits package which includes 100% company-funded health insurance plans and an amazing company culture with growth opportunities for the right fit!
Travel would vary; needs-based. All necessary travel expenses covered.
This person would be responsible for increasing sales and customer relations in assigned territories to include establishing new customer accounts and expanding current markets/territories.
What youll be doing
- Conduct cold calls/in person meetings with potential new customers along with hosting demonstrations.
- Check in and maintain relationships with existing customers and place orders.
- Research new potential customers and potential leads.
- Participate in monthly sales meetings via conferencing software.
- Attend trade shows as requested.
- Track and follow up on customer orders to ensure their satisfaction and to provide any technical help they may need.
- Be a valuable resource.
- In conjunction with the President and Vice President of Operations, plan and conduct Sales Seminars, Owner Meetings, Client Incentive Functions, and Technical training sessions.
- Monitor participation, performance, and results of sales team members involved in trade show campaigns.
- Track sales performance of existing client base and allocate resources accordingly.
- Corporate Meetings Plan, organize, and implement corporate meetings according to corporate strategies and objectives.
- In cooperation with the Marketing Department help organize incentive trips, awards, & gifts; manage companys sales incentive trips, awards programs, and corporate gifting.
- Industry - Develop industry and partner relationships at all levels and communicate accordingly.
- Competitive Landscape - Monitor competitive environment regarding product specifications and competitive pricing.
- Best practices Develop best practices to ensure mission and image of company is maintained and supported at corporate, trade and consumer levels.
What youll have
- Bachelors Degree or higher with focus on sales, business administration or related field; equivalent work experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum four years of experience in sales strategy.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, customer-service oriented, professional team player.
- Supervisory experience in managing staff, outside vendors, and capable of meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Visio, Illustrator, Sage CRM or other Customer Relationship Management programs.